Thai Massage tutorials and tips.
This article was provided by Massage Therapy.
Massage Benefits//Massage Therapy Center//August 28, 2019
There is a growing body of research that shows a link between many forms of touch—from massage to hand-holding—and improved health. A study from the University of North Carolina found that sitting in close contact with a partner for just 10 minutes lowered blood pressure. Other research has found that physical contact can trigger a boost in serotonin, a natural antidepressant. Receiving touch is a primary way to reduce stress and calm the nervous system.
In response to massage, specific physiological and chemical changes cascade throughout the body, with profound effects, says Mark Rapaport, MD, director of psychiatry and behavioral neurosciences at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He reports that they’re finding biological changes associated with a single massage session. ‘That’s saying something,’ he says.
Tiffany Field, PhD, director of the Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami School of Medicine, recommends getting a ‘regular dose’ of touch. Here are some easy ways to incorporate more touch into your life:
- Get regular massage. At Massage Therapy Center Palo Alto, we know that therapeutic touch is a form of preventive care and can be a powerful ally in your healthcare regimen.
- Find a hands-on form of exercise such as ballroom dancing. Or do yoga, which stimulates pressure receptors, so is a form of self-massage.
- Hug awarely, the longer the better. It will benefit you both!
- Sit close to your partner more often, and hold hands.
- Give your children or partner a short back rub before bed. They will fall asleep more relaxed, and you get the benefit of touch, too!
I hope that you found the above useful or interesting. You can find similar content on our blog: https://thaimassagegreenock.co.uk/blog/
Please let me have your feedback below in the comments section.
Thai Massage Newsletter
To make sure you don’t miss out on any new posts or promotions that we introduce, sign up for our newsletter.
You will also receive a £10 discount voucher, so sign up. It’s free and full of great tips and advice on how we can help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
Let us know what topics we should cover in future.