Some self-help training & useful updates on being healthy with Thai Oil Massage.
There’s just something cozy about autumn aromas coming from the oven by day, culminating with steaming plate of home-cooked comfort food. Even if you’re laying low for the holidays this year, you can re-create your favorite family recipes that bring you back home with every bite. No Thanksgiving spread is complete without sweet potatoes or yams, and this Gluten Free Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe delivers the creamy, sweet experience without all of the sugar that traditional recipes call for.
This recipe calls for small amounts of coconut sugar and maple syrup so that you get the fall flavors you crave, without the sugar crash later.
Here’s how to make it.
Gluten-free Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe
Time in the kitchen: 60 minutes, including 35 minutes baking time
For the souffle
- 6 medium/large sweet potatoes (mine were 6-8” long)
- 1 tbsp.
- 1/4 cup almond milk (I used Elmhurst1925 brand)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Brand)
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 room temperature egg whites
For the pecan topping
- 1.25 cups pecans – some halved, some crumbled
- 3 tbsp. very soft salted butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1.5 tbsp. coconut sugar
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the sweet potatoes in half and toss them in avocado oil. Place them cut-side down on a baking dish or baking sheet and roast for about 50-60 minutes, or until they are soft.
While the sweet potatoes are roasting, make the pecan topping. Place the pecans in a bowl along with the butter, half of the almond flour and coconut sugar. Mix to combine so the butter coats the pecans and a crumble forms. Gently fold in the remaining almond flour.
Allow the sweet potatoes to cool a little, then scoop the insides out into a food processor. Add the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract and pulse to combine.
Then add the cinnamon, coconut flour, almond flour and salt and blend. Add the egg yolks and blend until smooth. Pour the sweet potato mixture into a large bowl.
Whip the room temperature egg whites in a glass or metal bowl using a whisk or stand mixer until they start to get frothy (see the Tips section for tips on whipping your egg whites.) Keep whisking until soft peaks form.
Gently fold the egg whites a little at a time into the sweet potato mixture until they are incorporated evenly into the sweet potatoes.
Spread the sweet potato mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
Sprinkle the pecan mixture all over the top.
Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees and bake for about 35 minutes, or until the sweet potato feels firm yet springy.
Allow the souffle to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- You can use your favorite milk in lieu of the almond milk.
- For the pecans, use pecan halves and crumble 1/3-1/2 of them and leave the rest of the pecans whole.
- Whipping the egg whites: This gives the souffle a light and airy texture. Separate the whites from the yolks and then let the egg whites come to room temperature. Whisk the egg whites in a glass or metal bowl (not plastic.) Make sure your bowl and whisk are both clean and Very dry. Any moisture will interfere with getting peaks. Whip them with a whisk until peaks form and then slowly fold them into the sweet potato mixture.
- For a less sweet souffle, feel free to reduce the maple syrup or coconut sugar or replace it with a sugar substitute. The pecan topping benefits from a granular sweetener so I don’t recommend omitting it.
- I haven’t tried this with anything other than sweet potatoes, but I imagine it would also be great with acorn or butternut squash. Aim for about 6-8 cups of roasted squash.
Nutrition Info (? of recipe)
Total Carbs: 37g
Net Carbs: 30g
})( jQuery );
The post appeared first on .
This article Gluten Free Sweet Potato Souffle Recipe was published here.
We trust you found the article above of help or of interest. You can find similar content on our main websitewebsite .
Please let me have your feedback below in the comments section.
Let us know what subjects we should write about for you in the future.