Tutorials & important up-dates on healthy living with Thai Massage.
When planning a BBQ menu, the meat is usually the star, and the sides are an afterthought. With this Grilled Greek Summer Veggies recipe, a platter overflowing with colorful marinated and grilled vegetables steals the show.
This is the perfect vegetable side dish for summer. It’s very no-fuss, keeps well in the refrigerator to eat throughout the week, and can feed a crowd.
Customizing Your Greek Grilled Veggies
You’ll find that this recipe adapts well to small tweaks to suit your tastes. Here are a few ways to make it your own:
- Use your favorite veggies. Feel free to swap out vegetables and grill what you love.
- Make them thicker if you’d like. We sliced each of these vegetables around ¼-?” thick so they will grill quickly, but you can slice them thicker if you like meatier veggies.
- Switch up the dressing for fun. This dish would also be tasty with the Primal Kitchen Italian Dressing or Primal Kitchen Oil and Vinegar Dressing in lieu of the Greek dressing.
- Stovetop option. If you don’t have a grill, these can be made in a grill pan on the stovetop, or even roasted on a parchment-covered sheet pan in your oven. Roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
Here’s how to make your new favorite BBQ side dish.
Grilled Greek Summer Vegetables Recipe
Time in the kitchen: 20 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into thick slices
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rounds
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms (you can cut them in half if you’d like)
- ? cup Primal Kitchen Greek Dressing, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Optional: chopped oregano, crumbled feta cheese
In a bowl, combine ¼ cup of Primal Kitchen Greek Dressing, Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss all of the vegetables in the sauce. Allow the vegetables to marinate for 30 minutes, tossing them once or twice during this time.
Preheat your grill over medium heat. Once hot, carefully place the vegetables on the grill. After 1-2 minutes, turn each of them 90 degrees to get nice grill marks.
Grill for an additional 1-2 minutes, then flip over the vegetables and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until they are nicely grilled on the outside and tender on the inside (this time will depend on how thick you slice them).
Drizzle the remaining Primal Kitchen Greek Dressing on top and garnish with chopped parsley and feta if desired.
Nutrition Info (4 servings):
Total Carbs: 14g
Net Carbs: 9g
The post appeared first on .
The above post Grilled Greek Summer Veggies Recipe was first published here.
I trust that you found the above of help and interesting. Similar content can be found here .
Let me have your feedback below in the comments section.
Let us know what subjects we should write about for you next.